Thursday, October 8, 2009

Autobiography or me, myself and I



Yeah, so this is my first blog in bloggerville, and I have a self imposed mission to rid our family of the weekly trip to our local supermarket.
Now this particular supermarket is not so bad as far as supermarkets go (organics. nice lighting, local produce etc...), but I have been thinking about how we can take back the control over what we buy, who from, and whether we can do it ourselves. All in all, wanting to turn from consumer into producer, while encouraging local businesses, and hopefully learning new skills along the way.
First of all some rules (again, self imposed and self regulated):
-If possible, find a recipe to make the thing from the latest shopping receipt.
-If can't be made, then either sourced from a local producer, or bought from a locally owned shop, or sourced online.
So, there it is in black and white. I feel a slight tingle in the old finger tips to what lays ahead, but yeah/nah, will keep updates and recipes coming in.
Cheers!


No comments: